Diaper rash is a form of dermatitis (skin inflammation). There are many possible underlying causes including contact /allergic reactions to creams, wipes or diapers, rubbing or friction, food sensitivities, or a bacterial infection (Staph or Strep) or yeast (Candida). From an herbal view this type of hot, red and damp skin condition is usually considered ‘damp heat’. The Emily Diaper Skin Soother Plus is formulated with all of these causes in mind. There are just 6 simple ingredients and like all of its products, it was formulated to be straightforward and effective. It is a safe, gentle unscented balm unlike any other diaper product we know of. GMO-free.
What makes it effective?
- Organic Sunflower Oil: Known as a “barrier” oil and acts like the body’s own protective oils. And it is rich in vitamin E.
- Beeswax: serves as a lubricant and a barrier. It has been used for its antiseptic and healing properties for thousands of years.
- Frankincense: Traditionally used in the treatment of injury and skin conditions to reduce swelling, alleviate pain and promote healing.
- Red Peony Root: Traditionally used to clear heat and cool. Also used for swelling, pain and injury.
- Antibacterial: has an inhibitory effect on certain bacteria.
- Dictamnus Root Bark: A bitter and cold herb used traditionally for extreme heat signs (damp-heat). Used for sores, rashes, eczema and demonstrates an antifungal effect.
- Phellodendron Bark: Another bitter cold herb traditionally used for “damp-heat” presentations in the genital /anal area. Drains heat from sores and lesions. Demonstrates antimicrobial and antifungal effect.